Students are expected to be orderly, tidy, and mannerly in the cafeteria. If a student brings a beverage into the cafeteria other than milk, it should be in a thermos or non-resealable container. No soft drinks are allowed in the cafeteria. No food purchased from outside vendors may be brought into the cafeteria for students. No outside logos will be allowed. A student must bring his/her lunch from home or eat in the cafeteria.
Milk, milk products, or water may be purchased without a tray. The purchase of a tray is required for all other purchases.
Student Accounts and Meal Charges
- Adults are not allowed to charge meals or solicit food from students. B. Students may charge meals as follows:
- Students receiving free meals will not be allowed to charge extra items or ice cream. Reduced and Full Paid students will not be allowed to charge a second meal, extra items or ice cream if they have a zero or negative account balance.
- Students will be able to charge up to a maximum dollar amount of five (5) lunch meals and five (5) breakfast meals. Charging a reimbursable meal will result in a negative balance on the student’s account until funds are added to the account. A reimbursable meal of the student’s choice will be served to students until the five (5) day charge limit is reached.
- Charge notes will be sent home weekly with students who have a negative account balance from the cafeteria manager. Calls and/or emails will be sent to parent(s)/guardian(s) in attempt to collect money.
- When a student brings money, that money will first be applied to the purchase of a reimbursable meal; any remainder money will then be applied to negative balances on the student’s account.
- Charges unpaid at the end of the school year will remain on the students' account and roll over each year.
- Student meal accounts must be paid in full for students to be exempt from final exams, to receive report cards, to receive upcoming year schedule, and to participate in graduation exercises.
- Parents/Guardians may be reported to Department of Human Services at the discretion of the Manager and/or School Food Service Administrator.
- Delinquent accounts will be forwarded to a collections agency. All fees to collect will be added to the collection amount.
- Parent(s)/guardian(s) are strongly encouraged to register for a free account on the school meal online payment center, myschoolbucks.com.
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, and reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity. (Not all prohibited bases apply to all)