Pontotoc High School
Our mission at Pontotoc High School is to inspire our students to become problem solvers, life-long learners, and productive members of our community.
Our goal at PHS is to be the number one high school in the state of Mississippi.
The following belief statements underscore the vision and mission of
Pontotoc High School:
· All students are learners.
· Students’ learning needs are the chief priority of all decisions impacting the work of the school.
· Teaching and learning are the shared responsibility of the student, teacher, home and supported by the community.
· Learning involves decision-making, problem solving, and risk-taking where students are actively engaged in the learning process and are provided opportunities to apply their learning in meaningful contexts.
· Students learn in different ways and should be provided a variety of instructional approaches and assessment opportunities to support learning and demonstrate their achievement.
· A safe and physically comfortable environment promotes student learning.
· The value of each individual student is promoted through positive relationships, mutual respect and understanding of cultural diversity.
· The commitment to continuous improvement is imperative
Reaching Higher Levels of Learning