WELCOME! I am so glad you stopped by!
LIBRARY HOURS 7:20-3:15
AudioFile has started its summer-long, free audiobooks promotion!
SYNC is a free summer audiobook program for teens. Returning April 25, 2019, SYNC will give away two complete audiobook downloads a week - pairs of high interest titles, based on weekly themes. Sign up for email or text alerts and be first to know when new titles are available to download at www.audiobooksync.com.
YALSA's 2019 Teens' Top Ten Nominees
The Teens' Top Ten is a "teen choice" list, where teens nominate and choose their favorite books of the previous year! Nominators are members of teen book groups in fifteen school and public libraries around the country. Nominations are posted on the Thursday of National Library Week, and teens across the country vote on their favorite titles each year. Readers ages twelve to eighteen will vote online from August to October. The winners will be announced the week after Teen Read Week
2018 Teens' Top 10 Nominees #yalsaTTT
The library has ALL 25 of the nominated books!!!
Request these titles in the library today so you can read and make an informed choice:
- All Rights Reserved by Gregory Scott Katsoulis. Harlequin Teen. 9780373212446.
- The Black Witch by Laurie Forest. Harlequin Teen. 9780373212316.
- Book of Lies by Teri Terry. Clarion/Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. 9780544900486.
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber. Flatiron. 9781250095251.
- Defy the Stars by Claudia Gray. Little, Brown and Company. 9780316394109.
- The Disappearances by Emily Bain Murphy. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. 9780544879362.
- How to Make a Wish by Ashley Herring Blake. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. 9780544815193.
- I Am Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter by Erika L. Sánchez. Knopf/Random House. 9781524700485.
- The Inexplicable Logic of My Life by Benjamin Alire Sáenz. Clarion/ Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. 9780544586505.
- Invictus by Ryan Graudin. Little, Brown and Company. 9780316503075.
- The Last Magician by Lisa Maxwell. Simon Pulse/Simon & Schuster. 9781481432078.
- Long Way Down by Jason Reynolds. Caitlyn Dlouhy Books/Atheneum Books for Young Readers/Simon & Schuster. 9781481438254.
- Mask of Shadows by Linsey Miller. Sourcebooks Fire. 9781492647492.
- Moxie by Jennifer Mathieu. Roaring Brook/Macmillan. 9781626726352.
- Once and For All by Sarah Dessen. Viking/Penguin. 9780425290330.
- One of Us is Lying by Karen M. McManus. Delacorte/Random House. 9781524714680.
- Paper Hearts by Ali Novak. Sourcebooks Fire. 9781492653363.
- Remember Me Always by Renee Collins. Sourcebooks Fire. 9781492647607.
- Rosemarked by Livia Blackburne. Disney-Hyperion. 9781484788554.
- Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor. Little, Brown and Company. 9780316341684.
- Turtles All the Way Down by John Green. Dutton/Penguin. 9780525555360.
- Warcross by Marie Lu. G. P. Putnam’s Sons/Penguin. 9780399547966.
- Waste of Space by Gina Damico. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. 9780544633162.
- Wonder Woman: Warbringer by Leigh Bardugo. Random House. 9780399549731.
- Words in Deep Blue by Cath Crowley. Knopf/Random House. 9781101937648.
Happy #LibraryCardSignUp Month! Every PHS student AUTOMATICALLY gets a PHS Library Card. BUT, do you have a library card for the library next door, Pontotoc County Library? Visit them soon and sign up. It's quick, easy, and FREE!
Mystery Date with a Book!
Instructions: Pick a wrapped library book that catches your eye. Check it out. Unwrap it. Read it and fill out a review of your date! Return your review to be entered in a raffle for a delicious surprise!
TWENTY-TWO NEW BIOGRAPHIES were added to the library this week thanks to the Pontotoc City Schools Endowment for Excellence in Education Grant!
Book Club Titles for 2019-2020
The PHS Book Club will be reading the 2020 Magnolia Book Award book nominees for each month's book discussion. More information to follow!
Black Out Poetry every Monday!
Book Pictionary every Tuesday!
SEE YOU AT BREAK!
Origami with Aiko Tanaka, April 26
"Discovering Ukraine" with Vlada Holub, April 12
We appreciate Vlada Holub for sharing about her country. The library was packed with students eager to learn more about their classmate from Ukraine.
Create your own "Black Out Poem"
The PHS Book Club will meet Wednesday, April 19 at break in the library. Bring your ARC reviews and swap your book with another member.