Registration for Returning Students
Note: Returning students are those who attended Pontotoc City School District at the end of the 2022-2023 school year.
If your child is a RETURNING student, registration is required for the 2023-2024 school year by following these steps:
STEP 1. Register Online
- Online Registration will be through Active Parent. This will be the same format as last year. Online Registration will open June 29,2023 at 8:00 am.
- Parent/guardians will use their existing Active Parent Account that was used last year for online registration. Please do not create a new Active Parent account.
- If your child was in kindergarten or newly enrolled during the 2022/2023 school year, you may create an Active Parent account. Approval for account will be given within 24 hours of request.
- There is also no code needed for registration.
- If you need help with your password, please follow the steps given on the Active Parent homepage. The information will be sent to the original email account used to create Active Parent. If you need more help with your login/password, please submit a request using the following link: Active Parent Password Reset
- If you do not have access to technology, an upcoming session will be available soon. Devices for registration will also be available at Document Drop Off, July 18-20 at Pontotoc Elementary School.
- If any information needs to be changed or corrected, an email will be sent from the counselor notifying you of the changes. Online registration must be completed before teacher letter or course schedules will be given out.
STEP 2. Attend Document Drop Off & Teacher/Course Schedule Pick Up
- All families will be required to submit two proofs of residency in-person.
- Document Drop-off Registration Event
- Tuesday, July 18 from 10:00 am-6:00 pm
- Wednesday, July 19 from 10:00 am-5:00 pm
- Thursday, July 20 from 8:00 am-12:00 noon
- Pontotoc Elementary School, 145 Fred Dowdy Avenue, Pontotoc.
- New students may bring their paper registration completed packet to PES on these dates.
- All proofs of residency must have the student's parent/legal guardian's name and current address in which both live. PO Box addresses will not be accepted. Utility bills must be within 60 days of July 18, 2023.
- Two of the following documents must be provided to prove students live in the Pontotoc City School District:
- Two utility bills (light, gas, water, cable with service address present.) Phone bill must be for land line only. No bills delinquent past 60 days or termination of service notices will be accepted.
- Property documents of parent/guardian as owner of the home (ex. mortgage statement, deed, etc.)
- Insurance/retirement documents IF issued by or through government agencies. Private insurance documents will not be accepted.
- Driver's License/government issued ID-May be used as proof when accompanied by a utility bill with the correct service address.
- Medicare/Medicaid documents with correct address.
- Tax Returns from IRS for current year
- Written communication from government agencies such as US Department of Education, US Wildlife, Game and Fish or US Immigration
- Rental Agreements IF date is updated to reflect 2023/2024 school year and physical address is present. No handwritten receipts will be accepted.
- Homeowner's Insurance IF physical address of residence is present.
- If a parent/guardian cannot provide proof of residency, an affidavit may be applied for at the central office. This process must be completed and approved before teacher letter/course schedule will be given out.
If enrollment is not completed by July 20, 2023, parents/guardians of returning students must wait until Meet the Teacher Night, August 3 to bring residency documents needed to complete registration. Parents/guardians may not take residency documents to the school offices/central office until this event on August 3. Online registration will remain open until August 10, 2023.